IATA Cargo Introductory Course
Acquire an in-depth knowledge of air cargo procedures and best practices. Learn about the operations of freight forwarders and airline cargo units. Follow the IATA standards on how to accept cargo, complete documents and improve customer service. Apply basic rating cargo principles and loading procedures. Learn how to use industry manuals such as TACT (The Air Cargo Tariff) and OAG World Airways Guides.
- Air Waybill completion and basic rating
- The operation of freight forwarders
- The operation of airline cargo units
- IATA geography, TACT, AOG, and other cargo manuals
- Basic Cargo procedures
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify air cargo terms and expressions
- Control and maximize the use of space in aircraft holds
- Understand aircraft routings and industry manuals such as TACT and OAG World Airways Guides
- Apply basic rating principles and state and operator variation
- Follow IATA standards to accept cargo and complete documents and improve customer service
Availability and booking
On-line booking for our training courses is only available to contracted customers.
If you are a contracted customer, please log in to your account and place your bookings from your account page.
If you would like to find out more details about our training courses and contracts, please contact us